Our Local Partner – The Center for International Cooperation (CIC) Cameroon
The Center for International Cooperation (CIC) is a non-governmental Cameroonian organisation that fosters cooperation between Cameroon and foreign institutions as well as local community groups in a variety of development projects. All of ICA’s Cameroon projects are in cooperation with CIC Cameroon.
CIC’s strategic objectives are to:
- Establish linkages and networks (formal and informal) within Cameroon and between Cameroon and international partners;
- Support education, health and training institutions in their human and material resource development;
- Support educational and social needs of children in orphanages and other child welfare institutions;
- Promote access to formal education through granting scholarships for post primary education to deserving children;
- Develop local resources and capacity to support international partners in their education, health and social welfare efforts in Cameroon;
- Design and carry out research and development activities;
- Support the rehabilitation/construction of social infrastructure for institutions and communities;
- Facilitate the establishment of employment and tourism activities for the enhancements of livelihoods in local communities;
- Foster international understanding, cooperation, friendship and people-to-people initiatives for self-reliance development efforts
CIC provides Annual reports to ICA which summarize our joint activities in Cameroon. Previous reports, which include photos and project information, can be found below.